Saturday, May 2, 2009

In a world of words, a picture is abhorrent...

I do one thing well, or so I belive. I write poems. It started off as just another way to occupy my time, but it turned into something which I believe in ardently. Words, and the power they contain. The effect words have had on my life is amazing to me.

As a kid, I remember getting punished every day as I did not possess the ability to be silent. I was always outspoken, and always loud. I found a lot of solace in words, venturing into writing at an early age. I can still remember how I got into the "cool kid" group...it involved being able to speak the bard!!! It used to be something of an oddity then, as most of us were sports jocks. People expected the normal jock behaviour. But I ventured into the intellectually challenging world of plays. dramas, books and so on. It was something I loved doing, and I still enjoy it to this day.

When we are dust, and the last memory of who we were fades from the human psyche, the most enduring bits will be the words you spoke and the lines you wrote. In this I believe whole-heartedly. With the above said, I present my library of poems.



Risen


Consummated, in the fires of loss,
Faceless, destined to roam as a ghost,
What was held in a moment of pretending,
Now rises up, to watch the sun descending,
Pain and grief remain in her eyes like liquid frost,
She hurts herself, to cope with the hated force,
Of a life promised, and snatched away,
In singlets of sorrow, it starts to fade,
And then he opens her eyes to see,
Things that are and could've been,
Unforseen, like wolves in snow,
The seed of tomorrow begins to grow,
And the leaves spread out to touch the velvet sun,
Rejoice,rejoice, the change has begun,
Promises kept and lost are forgotten,
Monsters seem her child, ill-begotten,
For tomorrow is indeed another day,
Mistakes of her past don't surface today,
Now shunned, now loved, now risen,
The rose blossoms in her vision...

No comments:

Post a Comment