Saturday, May 2, 2009

Darker Nights I have known

In my everyday life, I see so many who believe that meaning can be derived out of their work, out of the money they earn, out of the respect they garner, out of the cars they own and so on. On a bad day, the calamity seems unbearable to them. Somehow, only those a footstep away from death can truly appreciate what it means to be alive. I strive to gain the same prespective. I try to live each second. I try to do more than I can, for I'll never get this chance again. In this moment, I will ask those who knew him to remember M.K. Sunil (good friend and class-mate), who went before his time. Bro, you opened my eyes...
Darker Nights I have known



Death, be my lover tonight,
Carry my form, and hold me tight,
Feed on my dreams, and kill my hopes,
Blanket me in your blissful, heathen coat,
Extricate my emotions and keep me numb,
Till my body crumbles and my soul slumps,
And from the ash of my birth, I return,
A child of passion , now reason is burnt...
Emptiness, be my lover tonight,
Remove me, the unforeseen blight,
And return me to your velvet womb,
As my bones remain in my earthern tomb,
Elevate my forsaken, hollow soul,
To regions of the nether, where the damned fall,
And caress me in your serpentine hold,
I am now dust, where once I was gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment