Thursday, April 9, 2009

Living life in 3 seconds


Now here's something really close to my heart. The absolute freedom one experiences when trying out something new with their car.

I just saw the latest installment of "The Fast and the Furious". Damn I love this movie. It's not about being the king stud of all time and driving tricked out cars (I drive a Hyundai, FYI). It's about being in the moment.

After I left the theatre, I felt like I'm letting something slip by me. I felt a bit restricted, a bit chained. As I got near my house, I let it all go in 3 seconds of pure "Pace-rush".

We were moving at about 60-65, and I swerved the car into a hard right turn. The car executed a flawless slide...right towards an oncoming bus on the other side.
In those few seconds, I felt the impulse, executed something wild, enjoyed the slide, feared the possibility of the crash, anxiety that the slide would be too long...and then, the tyres dug hard into the road and screeched into the right lane. In the picture, try to see if you can identify the L shape of the burnt rubber.
I believe in living in the moment. The past is over and the future is fiction. Only the moment is real, only the moment is true, only in the moment do we really exist.

1 comment:

  1. I also believe in this "I believe in living in the moment. The past is over and the future is fiction. Only the moment is real, only the moment is true, only in the moment do we really exist."

    Attach the photo of the L shape to this!!!

    ReplyDelete