Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bittersweet Moment


"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life,Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die

I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah
No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change, but I'm here in my mold , I am here in my mold
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mold, no, no, no, no, no"

Brilliant song, relevant lyrics and trippy video. I can relate to this song to some level, however I am thankfully not lost in the money-madness yet. I do feel that everything that is active today is in an effort to produce more money. The definition or the meaning of life, whatever you may call it, is a bit diluted today. I'm sitting at my desk at office today, and I'm happy. Not because this job gives me money (which it does), but because the people around me contribute to the elevation of my quality of life.
The simple things, like a stupid joke which no-one gets but everyone laughs at, the debate regarding who knows what better, the testosterone laden discussions about who's got the best car and why, which is the most killer music system - money can't buy that. At least not yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment